Don’t you feel like your little brother or your bitchy older sister gets in your way or just is plain stupid? Me, too. Just today, my 6 year old brother “took a walk” around the block at like 7:30pm in the semi darkness and I had to walk all the way to another street to try to find him at his friends house. When I didn’t see him I went back home and my mom was waiting in the car, ready to drive around the block to look for the idiot causing this havoc for the 2nd time! By the time we talked to his friends dad and came back home he was banging on the back door and he got yelled at by my mom even though if it was me she would of slapped me and put me to timeout for 2 hours and not be able to use the computer for a week… even though if I was him I’d be 6, not 11. *sigh* Well here are some tips on avoiding brawls with your sibs.
- Don’t yell at your siblings. Your parents will blame you for whatever happens
- Do your chores and gently remind your siblings to do their share and if they don’t, leave it alone. They will be the ones to get in trouble
- Try to avoid them by chilling in your room or going to your friends house
- If you have desserts, candy or fast food, expect to have to share with your siblings. Save a really small portion for them. They can’t say you didn’t give them anything.
- Don’t laugh at them or they’ll just tell on you. Instead, put on a goofy grin and when your sibling runs to tell on you they will say “-insert name here- keeps smiling at me!” Trust me I do it all the time. 😀
I am warning you now though, I only have 2 little brothers, no younger or older sisters or older brothers. These work better on little kids older than 4. Well, I have now done my part to make the world a better place.